As winter fades and spring is in the air, our thoughts turn to the great outdoors…our lawns and gardens! Along with green grass and blooming gardens, come some reminders and tips about fertilization.
- Apply the recommended amount fertilization. More is not better.
- Don’t over water your lawn after fertilizing.
- Avoid applying fertilizer close to ponds or streams.
- Sweep excess fertilizer from sidewalks, driveways and streets.
- Plant native plants, shrubs and trees that reduce the amount of fertilizer needed.
Fertilizer runoff is a serious environmental concern that negatively impacts our wildlife and water supplies. Please use fertilizer responsibly.