The Montgomery Arts Commission will host Exposure: Montgomery, the City’s 31st annual photo competition, on Sunday, April 15, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at the historic Universalist Church, located on the corner of Montgomery and Remington Roads.In addition to the exhibit and awards presentation, the public is invited to a “sneak peek” reception on Saturday, April 14, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Universalist Church.
Photographers may submit up to three photos March 1 through 30 to Montgomery City Hall from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Entry fee is $10 per photo for adults, and $5 per photo for students of high school age and below.
• Each entry must be an original photograph of the competitor’s own creation.
• Entries must be in a photographic medium: black and white, color or experimental.
• Each entry must be securely mounted on a stiff backing suitable for hanging.
• Matting is required for a photograph to be exhibited. Unmatted photographs will be judged but are ineligible for the exhibition.
• Dimensions of each entry including the matting must be at least 8” x 10” but not more than 16” x 20”.
• The entry form must be clearly visible and affixed securely to the entry’s backing material.
• Entries in frames and/or under glass will not be accepted.
• Entries signed or otherwise identified on the photograph’s front will be eliminated from consideration.
• No more than 3 entries per competitor will be accepted.
• Any entry displaying subject matter deemed by the judging panel or the Arts Commission as unsuitable for public display to an audience of all ages shall be rejected for all purposes of the competition.
For more information, call 513-891-2424.