The City of Montgomery strives to offer yard waste and brush pick-up as frequently and cost-effectively as possible to city residents. In order to do that, Rumpke picks up yard waste most of the year with the City supplementing it with brush pick up in the spring and fall.
Rumpke Yard Waste Pick-up
Yard waste (three cans, paper leaf bags, or bundles) will be collected on a weekly basis at no charge from March through October for all one-and two-family residential homes.
Rumpke Yard Waste Guidelines
- Limit 3 (bags, cans, bundles) or one 90 gallon yard waste toter, except during the unlimited yard waste collection period in the fall.
- Additional bags, cans or bundles require one $2.00 Rumpke Waste Sticker per item, available at City Hall or the Montgomery Kroger, except during the unlimited yard waste period when stickers are not required.
- Additional 90-gallon toters will require three stickers each.
- Yard waste needs to be placed in regular 30-gallon trash cans, paper leaf bags or yard waste toters (available through Rumpke). In the event of snow, leaves must be placed in paper leaf bags ONLY. Leaves will freeze in the can preventing collection. There is a 75-pound weight limit on the 30-gallon cans/toters. The toters cannot be emptied if they are more than 75 pounds.
- Loosely place yard waste in trash cans or in paper yard waste bags available at grocery or hardware stores. Yard waste toters must be labeled as yard waste. Yard waste placed in unmarked toters will NOT be picked up.
- Place yard waste on the opposite side of your driveway from your regular trash and leave the lids off the cans. No plastic bags will be picked up.
- Brush should be bundled in sizes up to 4 feet in length and 2 feet in diameter and fastened with cotton twine. Bundles have a 50-pound weight limit.
- Limbs need to be cut into 4-foot lengths and no larger than 2 inches in diameter.
- All limbs must be in a can or bundled. They cannot be placed on the ground. Limbs are only permitted to reach 1 foot above the height of the can.
City Brush Pick Up
The Montgomery Public Works Department regularly provides a spring curbside bulk brush collection of brush and limbs. Please have your brush out at the curb by Monday morning of your collection week.
2018 Spring Brush Pick Up
|Trash Pick Up Day||Brush Pick Up Week|
|Monday||Week of April 9|
|Tuesday||Week of April 16|
|Wednesday||Week of April 23|
|Thursday||Week of April 30|
|Friday||Week of May 7|
2018 Fall Brush Pick Up
|Trash Pick Up Day||Brush Pick Up Week|
|Monday||Week of September 10|
|Tuesday||Week of September 17|
|Wednesday||Week of September 24|
|Thursday||Week of October 1|
|Friday||Week of October 8|
City Brush Pick Up Guidelines
- Piles must be placed curbside prior to the start of each week’s collection. Residents are urged to place brush curbside on the Sunday immediately prior to your scheduled collection week as material placed curbside after the chipper crew has passed will not be picked up.
- Brush containing nails, metal, stones or excessive dirt will not be picked up.
- Vines and branches with thorns will not be picked up.
- Limbs of any length and between 1/2 inch and 8 inches in diameter. Shorter branches, twigs and clippings should be placed in yard waste bags and/or cans to be picked up by Rumpke on your regular waste collection day.
- Brush and limbs must be placed at the edge of the road or along the curb with the “cut” ends of brush toward the street in small piles. Please do not create large stacks or interwoven piles with “cut” ends placed in different directions as this makes the material difficult for crews to separate for collection.
- Brush piles that are tied into bundles or are tangled will not be picked up.
- Stumps, root balls and logs are not to be placed curbside for brush collection but may be placed out for Rumpke waste collection on your regularly scheduled day. Each item must not weigh more than 60 pounds.
Hamilton County yard waste drop off locations
Contact Hamilton County Solid Waste District at 946-7700 or check their website for information on the schedule for yard waste drop off locations.
Other yard waste drop off locations
Ohio Mulch Landscape Supply is accepting yard waste free of charge at any one of the three greater Cincinnati locations during normal business hours.
- Logs up to 12 inches in diameter and cut to 6 feet in length
Please no trash, sod, rocks, treated lumber, railroad ties or construction debris.
- 12054 Montgomery Road; Cincinnati OH
- 3739 Hauck Road; Cincinnati, OH
- 4710 Dues Drive; Cincinnati, OH