Neuilly-Plaisance, France

Neuilly-Plaisance-Logo Neuilly-Plaisance is in the eastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 11.8 km (7.3 mi) from the center of Paris.

The city was created in 1892 when it separated from the city of Neuilly-sur-Marne, which still exists.

The population has increased from 4,663 in 1896, to 11,842 in 1946, and more than 20,000 today. Neuilly-Plaisance enjoyed significant growth because of the gypsum caves located in the City.

In 1949, Neuilly-Plaisance was the first city in France to host the Social Commission named “Emmaüs.”

In 2014, Neuilly-Plaisance completed a restoration of it’s main street, Avenue du Maréchal Foch, to promote new business growth and to encourage citizens to “buy local.”

Learn more about Neuilly-Plaisance by visiting their website at www.mairie-neuillyplaisance.com.

 

Renovated Avenue du Maréchal Foch
The coast along the Marne River in Neuilly-Plaisance
Neuilly-Plaisance City Hall