The Montgomery Citizens’ Leadership Academy (MCLA), “The Best Community Experience You’ll Ever Have,” is now accepting applications for the 2022 session. Oversubscribed for the last 12 years, MCLA, locally developed and nationally recognized, is a program designed to move individuals from being residents to become actively engaged citizens. MCLA allows residents to realize a dimension few will ever see. Comprised of 10 unique workshop experiences:
- We Are Montgomery!
- Zen & the Art of Citizenship
- Montgomery… Our Town, USA
- Sycamore Community Schools and The 21st Century Learner
- Homeland Safety and Security in Your Own Backyard
- Taxes, TIFs and Our Town
- Health Care: Montgomery’s Signature Industry
- Innovative Solutions in Public Works, Recreation, and Parks
- History and Development… The Art of Co-Existence
- Service and Volunteerism: A New Call to Action!
Each workshop goes beyond the classroom and into the community to make the Montgomery Citizens’ Leadership Academy an encounter no resident should miss. Space is limited. For more information, or to apply, visit montgomeryohio.org/montgomery-citizens-leadership-academy or contact Matthew Vanderhorst, community and information services director, at [email protected]