2016 Annual Report
About this report
The annual report is a comprehensive document detailing the achievements across all City departments and includes a full financial record for 2016. The annual report is 100 percent web-based and contains videos and interactive charts. In addition, each page is printer-friendly.
“Providing superior services and engaging with you to enhance our community!” This report outlines how Montgomery City Council and City staff worked to deliver on this mission in 2016.
Contained in a land area of 5.3 square miles, the City of Montgomery is located in northeastern Hamilton County, 12 miles from Cincinnati. The community was settled in 1795-96 by residents from two New York towns, Montgomery and Hopewell. Since its founding, the community attracted additional residents, leading to its incorporation in 1910. Much of the community’s growth has occurred in the last 35 years as development continued its northward advance along the interstate systems of southwest Ohio.
Today, Montgomery has approximately 3,800 housing units and is home to 10,251 residents. Montgomery derives much of its operating revenue from a one percent (1%) earnings tax to help fund a full range of City services, undertaken by 65 full-time and 40 part-time employees. Services provided by the City of Montgomery include: police and fire protection, development plan review and building inspections, recreational programming, maintenance of seven parks, street maintenance and snow/ice control of 92 lane-miles of roadway, as well as a host of other City programs.
Montgomery is located in the Sycamore Community Schools district, which has drawn national recognition for academic excellence. Sycamore Community Schools operate four elementary schools, an intermediate school, a junior high school and a high school.
Montgomery is home to a variety of commercial enterprises including: Bethesda North Hospital, Ohio National Financial Services, Columbia Chevrolet, Camargo Cadillac and many banking institutions just to name a few. In addition, the historic downtown is a thriving retail and dining area, including the famous Montgomery Inn Restaurant. The addition of the Triangle/Gateway Center development in 2007 brought several new businesses to the downtown area, including the very popular Stone Creek Dining Company. The City of Montgomery is also home to several churches of various denominations and other types of religious institutions.
Our efforts are focused on striving to attain…
- A community that is forward thinking, yet respects its rich history and tradition and emphasizes the importance of blending history with innovation for a prosperous future.
- Partnerships with citizens, businesses, and organizations who are engaged and bring diversity in background, beliefs and talents, and contribute to the success of our community.
- Vibrant and prosperous businesses and organizations that make Montgomery a premier location for entertainment, shopping, and employment opportunities.
- Diverse housing options, safe neighborhoods, renowned schools, outstanding parks, and hometown special events.
- A City that delivers superior and innovative services and programs that are financially self-sustainable.
- Employees who represent the very best in public service.
- Stewardship of our environment.
We are Montgomery!