Remember to recycle, reuse and repurpose
Reduce Your Energy Consumption:
- Install weather stripping around doors and windows.
- When replacing major appliances, upgrade to a high energy-efficient version.
- Replace all incandescent and compact fluorescent (CFL) light bulbs with LED equivalents.
- Use a programmable thermostat to reduce heating and A/C usage when not at home.
- Plant deciduous trees on the southern side of your house for shade in the summer.
- Only run your dishwasher and washing machine when you have a full load.
- Drive less by combining errands.
Help Reduce Landfill Waste:
- Use reusable water bottles, coffee cups, and shopping bags.
- Use leftover food before it spoils.
- Compost food scraps (coffee grounds, lettuce, potato/banana peels, avocado skins, etc.)
- Donate to food share programs.
- Use Rumpke Recycling and Yard Waste Bins. Find out more at rumpke.com
- Recycle hazardous waste. For hazardous waste disposal locations, go to hamiltoncountyrecycles.org
- The Montgomery Environmental Advisory Commission holds special recycling events throughout the year. Refer to Montgomery Bulletin for dates and times.