Photo above: “Sunrise at Agra” by Peter Skottegard, 2019 Photo Contest Adult Category Winner
Exposure: Montgomery, the area’s longest-running amateur photo competition and awards presentation – now in its 33rd year – takes place on Sunday, April 5, at 1:00 p.m. at the historic Universalist Church, located on the corner of Montgomery and Remington Roads. The event is presented by the Montgomery Arts Commission.
The competition, open to beginners and serious amateurs alike, is the longest-running photo contest in the region. Judging is based on photos that capture technical brilliance, originality, or a unique point of view, and are chosen from both adult and student categories. Up to 10 winners in each category will be awarded $100 each.
In addition to the exhibit and awards presentation, the public is invited to a “sneak peek” reception on Saturday, April 4, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Universalist Church.
The Montgomery Arts Commission is a group of citizen-based volunteers who support and foster an appreciation of the visual and performing arts by producing community-wide arts events offered year-round for all ages – most of which are free of charge.
For more information, call 513-891-2424. Contest entry form is coming soon.
“Pages” by Victoria Wesloh, Kings High School; 2019 Photo Contest Student Winner.
“Trapped” by Annabelle Merz, Roger Bacon High School; 2019 Photo Contest Student Best of Show Winner.
2020 Competition | Here’s What You Need To Know
|March 2-March 27||Submit Your Photos||Montgomery City Hall, 10101 Montgomery Road. 7:30 am to 5:00 pm|
|Saturday, April 4||Sneak Preview Reception from 2:00-4:00 pm||Universalist Church. Check out all the entries. Free and open to the public.|
|Sunday, April 5||Reception and Awards Presentation||Universalist Church.
1:00 pm Reception
2:00 pm Awards Presentation
|April 6-10||Pick Up Your Photos||Montgomery City Hall|
“Ruby” by Emily Hertlein, 2019 Photo Contest Adult Winner.
“Get Us To Church On Time”, Mark Bender, 2019 Photo Contest Best of Show Adult Category Winner.
Contest entry form coming soon.
- Each entry must be an original photograph of the competitor’s own creation.
- Entries must be in a photographic medium: black and white, color or experimental.
- Each entry must be securely mounted on a stiff backing suitable for hanging.
- *New for 2020* Matting is not required for a photograph to be exhibited. Photographs need to be professionally prepared for the exhibition via matting or with a wire ready for hanging.
- Dimensions of each entry including the matting must be at least 8” x 10” but not more than 16” x 20”.
- The entry form must be clearly visible and affixed securely to the entry’s backing material and marked with the accurate orientation.
- Entries in frames and/or under glass will not be accepted.
- Entries signed or otherwise identified on the photograph’s front will be eliminated from consideration.
- No more than 3 entries per competitor will be accepted.
- Any entry displaying subject matter deemed by the judging panel or the Arts Commission as unsuitable for public display to an audience of all ages shall be rejected for all purposes of the competition.