Exposure: Montgomery, the area’s longest-running amateur photo competition and awards presentation – now in its 32nd year – takes place on Sunday, April 14, at 1:00 p.m. at the historic Universalist Church, located on the corner of Montgomery and Remington Roads. The event is presented by the Montgomery Arts Commission.
The competition, open to beginners and serious amateurs alike, is the longest-running photo contest in the region. Judging is based on photos that capture technical brilliance, originality, or a unique point of view, and are chosen from both adult and student categories. Up to 10 winners in each category will be awarded $100 each. Winning photos will be publicly displayed at The Christ Hospital Outpatient Center after the competition.
In addition to the exhibit and awards presentation, the public is invited to a “sneak peek” reception on Saturday, April 13, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at the Universalist Church.
The Montgomery Arts Commission is a group of citizen-based volunteers who support and foster an appreciation of the visual and performing arts by producing community-wide arts events offered year-round for all ages – most of which are free of charge.
For more information, call 513-891-2424.
“Urban Striders” by Mark Bender, 2018 adult category winner.
“Spoons” by Jessica Rennekamp, 2018 student category winner.
2019 Competition | Here’s What You Need To Know
|March 1-April 1||Submit Your Photos||Montgomery City Hall, 10101 Montgomery Road. 7:30 am to 5:00 pm|
|Saturday, April 13||Sneak Preview Reception from 2:00-4:00 pm||Universalist Church. Check out all the entries. Enjoy music by Kevin Fox. Refreshments will be provided by Z Place for Wine and Cheese. Free and open to the public.|
|Sunday, April 14||Reception and Awards Presentation||Universalist Church.
1:00 pm Reception
2:00 pm Awards Presentation
*Best in Show presented by Z Place for Wine & Cheese
|April 15-19||Pick Up Your Photos||Montgomery City Hall|
|April 20-May 17||Winning Photos on Display||The Christ Hospital Outpatient Center of Montgomery, 11140 Montgomery Road.|
“Hanging on” by Karen Ashcraft, 2018 adult category winner.
“Mama and Baby” by Craig Rouse, 2018 adult category winner.
- Each entry must be an original photograph of the competitor’s own creation.
- Entries must be in a photographic medium: black and white, color or experimental.
- Each entry must be securely mounted on a stiff backing suitable for hanging.
- Matting is required for a photograph to be exhibited. Unmatted photographs will be judged but are ineligible for the exhibition.
- Dimensions of each entry including the matting must be at least 8” x 10” but not more than 16” x 20”.
- The entry form must be clearly visible and affixed securely to the entry’s backing material.
- Entries in frames and/or under glass will not be accepted.
- Entries signed or otherwise identified on the photograph’s front will be eliminated from consideration.
- No more than 3 entries per competitor will be accepted.
- Any entry displaying subject matter deemed by the judging panel or the Arts Commission as unsuitable for public display to an audience of all ages shall be rejected for all purposes of the competition.