City to conduct limited curbside brush pickup this spring
The Montgomery Public Works Department will again be providing a curbside bulk brush collection of brush and limbs. The spring program is scheduled to begin on April 9 and will be conducted over a five-week period. A resident’s pick-up week will be determined by the regular trash collection schedule. Please have brush out at the curb by Monday morning of the scheduled collection week.
- Monday trash day, brush pick-up week will be the week of April 9
- Tuesday trash day, brush pick-up week will be the week of April 16
- Wednesday trash day, brush pick-up week will be the week of April 23
- Thursday trash day, brush pick-up week will be the week of April 30
- Friday trash day, brush pick-up week will be the week of May 7
- Piles must be placed curbside prior to the start of each week’s collection. Residents are urged to place brush curbside on Sunday immediately prior to your scheduled collection week as material placed curbside after the chipper crew has passed will not be picked up.
- Brush containing nails, metal, stones or excessive dirt will not be picked up.
- Vines and branches with thorns will not be picked up.
- Limbs must be between 3 feet and 10 feet in length and between 1/2 inch and 8 inches in diameter. Shorter branches, twigs, and clippings should be placed in yard waste bags and/or cans to be picked up by Rumpke on your regular waste collection day.
- Brush and limbs must be placed at the edge of the road or along the curb with the “cut” ends of the brush toward the street in small piles. Please do not create large stacks or interwoven piles with “cut” ends placed in different directions as this makes the material difficult for crews to separate for collection.
- Brush piles that are tied into bundles or are tangled will not be picked up.
- Stumps, root balls, and logs are not to be placed curbside for brush collection but may be placed out for Rumpke waste collection on your regularly scheduled day. Each item must not weigh more than 60 pounds.
For additional information, please contact City Hall at 513-891-2424. The fall brush pickup schedule will be published in the September Bulletin, and the program will start September 10. Pick-up schedules are also noted in the Montgomery Calendar.