Spring brush pickup begins April 8
The Montgomery Public Works Department will again be providing a curbside bulk brush collection of brush and limbs. The spring program is scheduled to begin on April 9 and will be conducted over a five-week period. A resident’s pick-up week will be determined by the regular trash collection schedule. Please have brush out at the curb by Monday morning of the scheduled collection week.
|Trash Day||Brush Pick-Up Week|
|Monday||Week of April 8|
|Tuesday||Week of April 15|
|Wednesday||Week of April 22|
|Thursday||Week Of April 29|
|Friday||Week of May 6|
- Piles must be placed curbside prior to the start of each week’s collection. Residents are urged to place brush curbside on Sunday immediately prior to your scheduled collection week as material placed curbside after the chipper crew has passed will not be picked up.
- Brush containing nails, metal, stones or excessive dirt will not be picked up.
- Vines and branches with thorns will not be picked up.
- Limbs may be of any length and between 1/2 inch and 8 inches in diameter. Shorter branches, twigs, and clippings should be placed in yard waste bags and/or cans to be picked up by Rumpke on your regular waste collection day.
- Brush and limbs must be placed at the edge of the road or along the curb with the “cut” ends of the brush toward the street in small piles. Please do not create large stacks or interwoven piles with “cut” ends placed in different directions as this makes the material difficult for crews to separate for collection.
- Brush piles that are tied into bundles or are tangled will not be picked up.
- Stumps, root balls, and logs are not to be placed curbside for brush collection but may be placed out for Rumpke waste collection on your regularly scheduled day. Each item must not weigh more than 60 pounds.
For additional information, please contact City Hall at 513-891-2424. The fall brush pickup schedule will be published in the September Bulletin, and the program will start September 9. Tips to organize the brush and pick-up schedules are also found here.