The Montgomery Public Works Department provides two special brush pick up events per year: a spring and a fall curbside bulk brush collection of brush and limbs.
City Brush Pick Up Guidelines
- Piles must be placed curbside prior to the start of each week’s collection. Residents are urged to place brush curbside on the Sunday immediately prior to your scheduled collection week as material placed curbside after the chipper crew has passed will not be picked up.
- Brush containing nails, metal, stones or excessive dirt will not be picked up.
- Vines and branches with thorns will not be picked up.
- Limbs of any length and between 1/2 inch and 8 inches in diameter. Shorter branches, twigs and clippings should be placed in yard waste bags and/or cans to be picked up by Rumpke on your regular waste collection day.
- Brush and limbs must be placed at the edge of the road or along the curb with the “cut” ends of brush toward the street in small piles. Please do not create large stacks or interwoven piles with “cut” ends placed in different directions as this makes the material difficult for crews to separate for collection.
- Brush piles that are tied into bundles or are tangled will not be picked up.
- Stumps, root balls and logs are not to be placed curbside for brush collection but may be placed out for Rumpke waste collection on your regularly scheduled day. Each item must not weigh more than 60 pounds.