Montgomery Community Pool
Membership and Daily Rates
|Standard||Full membership for the season.|
|Weekend||Saturday and Sunday only|
|Evening Only||Pool entrance after 5 p.m. every day|
|Mid season||Available starting July 15|
|Grandchild *||Senior Single rate + $20 per child|
|Membership Type||Standard||Weekend||Evening||Mid season|
|Family with sitter||$350||$248||$214||$214|
|Senior Single (60+)||$100||$73||$64||$64|
|Membership Type||Standard||Weekend||Evening||Mid season|
|Family with Sitter||$550||$388||$334||$334|
|Senior Single (60+)||$135||$98||$85||$85|
|Membership Type||Standard||Weekend||Evening||Mid season|
|Family with Sitter||$400||$283||$244||$244|
|Senior Single (60+)||$110||$80||$70||$70|
All memberships are valid for current season only.
How to apply for a membership starting March 6, 2019
Call 891-2424 for more information.
For more efficiency at the pool front desk, the City Hall Customer Service team will be processing all pool membership applications and payments. Pool front desk staff will no longer be entering membership information or processing any membership payments. Pool membership payments will no longer be accepted or processed at the pool front desk.
Montgomery Community Pool Referral Program
2019 Pool Referral Rebate Program Form
Refer a new member to the Montgomery Community Pool and earn a referral bonus for both you and the new member! Program guidelines apply.
- Family Membership – Returning family receives a $75 rebate if a full standard family membership (excludes options) was referred and followed all guidelines listed. New referred 2019 member (not a member in 2018) receives a $50 rebate.
- Single/Couple Membership – Returning member receives a $50 rebate if a single full standard membership, couple full standard membership or senior full standard membership (excludes options) was referred and followed all guidelines listed. New referred 2019 member (not a member in 2018) receives a $35 rebate.
2019 Daily Fees for Guests – Admission for residents without a season pass
- Ages 13 to adult, $7
- Ages 3-12, $5
- Ages 2 & under, Free
- After 5 p.m., $4
- Seniors (60 & over) anytime $3
- 20-visit punch card (residents and pool members only) $120 *
* 20-visit passes are available for residents and pool members only. One visit is subtracted from the pass for each person entering using the pass. For example, six people in one visit equal six visits. 20-visit passes are kept track of in the pool computer, there is not a physical pass card. 20-visit passes are valid for current season only and do not transfer to future seasons.
Proof of residency is required when paying daily fees.
There is a maximum of five guests with paying resident or family. Guests must be accompanied by active pool member or resident throughout their visit at the pool.
Group Policy Groups must request reservations at least two weeks in advance because of staff scheduling by contacting the City of Montgomery at 891-2424. To receive the ½ price group rate, you must have a minimum of 10 paying customers and a maximum of 35. Guests must be accompanied by a resident (daily gate fee paid), pool member, or an employee of a business located in the City of Montgomery during the entire length of their visit. Each person will be admitted for $3.00. This rate applies during the pool’s operation hours. If it is a group of children under age 10, the adult to child ratio must be a least 1:6. Chaperones must be actively supervising their group at all times. Chaperones also pay the $3.00 entry fee. Groups must follow the food policy by keeping food in the concession seating area. A list of names of those attending must be left at the front desk for check-in. Please inform parents that they must drop off and pick up at the front gate. They will not be permitted inside the facility to wait for their child. Groups must follow all pool rules. Capacity is limited. Groups are scheduled on a first come first served basis. We cannot guarantee groups will be able to obtain admission.
Monday through Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Note: Pool hours during school days will be per Sycamore Community Schools school hours and will be from 3:30 to 8:00 p.m. Also, during home swim meets, the pool will close at 5:00 p.m. Please view the above calendar to check these dates.
- Closing Policy
- Pool Rules
- Diaper & Health Policy
- Diving Board Rules
- Wading Pool Rules
- Slide Rules
- Refund Policy
- Equipment Use
- Guests, Daily Fees, 20 Visit Card and Groups
- Adult Swim
Please review these rules with your family before visiting the Montgomery Community Pool. If you have any questions about any of these rules, please contact the Pool Manager on Duty.
Members, their families, and guests must adhere to these rules and policies. The City may suspend or revoke membership privileges for a violation of these rules and policies. If action is taken to suspend or revoke such privileges, there will be no refund or partial refund of any season pass cost or daily admission fees. Parents are responsible for the action of their children and a family membership can be revoked or suspended in its entirety for a violation of these rules and policies if, in the opinion of the City or the pool personnel, the parent has not provided appropriate supervision in enforcing these rules and policies. Any decision by the City to suspend or revoke pool privileges may, at the request of the member, be reviewed by the City Manager or her designee. Any decision by the City Manager or her designee shall be final. By applying for and accepting membership in the Montgomery Community Pool, you agree to adhere to these pool rules and policies, and you agree to the City’s right to suspend or revoke such privileges as set forth herein.
Closing Policy (top)
The City has the right to close the pool early in the event of severe weather with no refunds due to the customer. The pool will close if the air temperature is 68° or below, or at the manager’s discretion based on inclement weather and attendance or a fecal accident. Please call 513-985-1640 if you have any doubt about the facility being open. On rainy days, the pool will strive to stay open until 5:00 pm. After that, if the weather is still unsuitable for swimming, the pool will be closed for the remainder of the day.
Pool Rules (top)
- Pool Membership ID cards are required and must be shown at the front desk each visit.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- No alcoholic beverages or glass containers may be brought into the facility.
- No smoking and no e-cigarettes inside entrance gates, on the front porches, and at the front entrance. Smoking and e-cigarettes are restricted to the parking lot area only.
- Proper swim attire must be worn (no t-shirts or jean shorts).
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult or approved baby sitter (14 years or older).
- No floatation devices, goggles, masks, fins, sunglasses, toys, etc. may be worn or carried while using the diving boards or slide.
- Beach balls, splash balls, koosh balls or other soft balls may be thrown in the pool. However, no frisbees, footballs, tennis balls or other hard rubber or plastic balls are permitted in the pool.
- Large floatation devices, fins, snorkels or certain toys must have manager’s approval prior to being utilized. Floatation devices are never permitted in the deep end.
- No running, pushing, dunking, climbing on shoulders or rough play shall be permitted. Lifting and throwing children into the water is also not permitted.
- No diving allowed except off the pool deck in the ten-foot diving well when the boards are closed.
- No flips, back dives, or jumping backward off the pool deck.
- The lane is for lap swimmers only. Please stay out of the lane unless you are swimming at least one full length.
- During adult swims/safety checks, all children under 18 years of age must be out of the water. They may not sit on the metal gutter or steps. The times for these swims shall be 1:45; 2:45; 3:45 and 4:45 pm. Times may vary if the crowd is extremely small or large.
- No one may hang on railings, lane lines, ropes, diving boards or ladders.
- No food is permitted anywhere on the pool deck or grass. Drinks are permitted only if they are in a plastic container with a lid. NO paper cups or cans.
- All coolers (full or empty) and food items must be checked at the front desk for compliance (no glass bottles or alcohol) and eaten in the snack bar area only. Deliveries of food to the pool grounds for any pool patrons are discouraged. If you have rented the picnic gazebo, you may bring a cooler and food out to this site for preparation and consumption.
- Please keep children from climbing on guard chairs, fence, and gates.
- All chairs must remain at least 2 feet away from the edge of the pool and 6 feet away from the zero depth entry.
- Squirt guns are permitted, but if they become a problem, they will be confiscated by pool staff.
- Please do not walk or run on the metal gutter.
- A “community toy box” is provided for your use, but please return the toys to the box when finished playing.
- Management has the right to remove anyone from the facility, including misbehavior or safety purposes.
- No pets shall be permitted inside the gate except on the date of the designated pool event at the season end.
- No skateboards or roller blades may be worn or used inside the gate.
- No grills, besides stationary grill, available with shelter rental.
- All registered members, their family members, and guests must follow the verbal instructions and/or warnings of pool personnel.
Diaper & Health Policy (top)
To ensure the safety of our patrons, the following guidelines shall be followed regarding diapers and health issues. Although it is rare, various diseases may be spread through contaminated water, so please help us monitor this facility.
- Upon entering the facility, all parents will be responsible for ensuring that their diaper-aged children are properly attired in a swim diaper or tight-legged rubber pants and a bathing suit. This policy will be strictly enforced. Violators of this policy may be subject to revocation of swimming pool privileges.
- To ensure that all swimming pool patrons in this age group have the appropriate swim attire, pool personnel may request parents to show proof that their child is properly outfitted with the approved protective attire.
- If you have or have had diarrhea in the past two weeks, please do not utilize the swimming pool.
- Do not change your child’s diaper on the pool deck or in the pool chairs. Use the diaper changing station in the restrooms.
- Assist young children in making frequent visits to the restroom to avoid accidents. Toilets are difficult for young children to flush so please check and provide assistance when needed.
- Do not drink swimming pool water and avoid putting it in your mouth.
- Please report any fecal or other bodily fluid accidents to the pool management immediately.
- Notify management immediately if you or a family member develop a gastrointestinal illness that you think may have been related to a visit to the swimming pool.
Swim diapers are sold at the front desk for your convenience.
Diving Board Rules (top)
- Only one person shall be on the board at a time. The next person in line shall wait on the pool deck, not the ladder.
- Wait for the preceding person to reach the side before jumping.
- Only one bounce may be taken.
- Do not run on your approach to the end of the board. Take three or four walking steps.
- Jump straight off the board, not toward the side. Exit the water immediately.
- Exit the water by the ladder closest to the board from which you jumped.
- To use the diving board, one must be able to swim 25 yards non-stop. Lifeguards have the right to ask someone to demonstrate this if the swimmer’s ability is in question.
- Parents may not be located in the diving well to “catch” their child.
Wading Pool Rules (top)
- Must be 6 years of age or under.
- Must be under direct supervision of an adult or approved babysitter.
- Must wear proper swim attire and follow diaper policy.
- No diving or jumping from side of pool.
Slide Rules (top)
- Must be 48” tall or able to swim 25 yards.
- Only one rider at a time. No doubles, trains, or chains.
- Enter slide in a sitting position.
- Wait until preceding person swims to the ladder before riding.
- Ride the slide feet first either sitting or lying down on back.
- Keep arms and feet inside flume.
- Do not stop on slide.
- No tubes, life jackets, floatation devices, goggles, masks, sunglasses, fins, etc. may be worn on slide.
- Exit immediately.
- Pregnant women and riders with a heart or back condition should not ride the slide.
- Failure to follow slide rules can result in serious injury to yourself and others as well as loss of your privilege to use the slide.
Refund Policy (top)
Memberships will not be refunded after the pool opens.
Refunds for daily admission will not be given. For example, if you pay to enter the facility at 1:00 p.m. and a thunderstorm arrives at 2:00 p.m., we cannot issue refunds or rain checks.
Pool Equipment Use (top)
The following items can be used at the pool for the day at the front desk:
Guests, Daily Fees, 20 Visit Card and Groups (top)
Each family will be allowed a maximum of five guests per visit and must remain at the facility with the guest(s) during the length of their visit. Any other arrangements must be approved through the pool manager.
Daily Fees for Guests – Admission for residents without a season pass
- Ages 13 to adult, $7
- Ages 3-12, $5
- Ages 2 & under, Free
- After 5 p.m, $4
- Seniors (60 & over) anytime $3
Proof of residency required when paying daily fees.
There is a maximum of five guests with paying resident or family. Guests must be accompanied by active pool member throughout their visit at the pool.
Daily fees are not valid for special events.
The 20-Visit Pass is available for Montgomery residents and pool members only. The fee for a 20-Visit Pass is $120. Each visit per person equals one visit, for example, 6 people = 6 visits. The City is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.
Groups must request reservations at least two weeks in advance because of staff scheduling by contact the City of Montgomery at 891-2424. To receive the ½ price group rate, you must have a minimum of 10 paying customers and a maximum of 35. Guests must be accompanied by a resident (daily gate fee paid), pool member, or an employee of a business located in the City of Montgomery during the entire length of their visit. Each person will be admitted for $3.00. This rate applies during the pool’s operation hours. If it is a group of children under age 10, the adult to child ratio must be a least 1:6. Chaperones must be actively supervising their group at all times. Chaperones also pay the $3.00 entry fee. Groups must follow the food policy with keeping food in the concession seating area. A list of names of those attending must be left at the front desk for check-in. Please inform parents that they must drop off and pick up at the front gate. They will not be permitted inside the facility to wait for their child. Groups must follow all pool rules. Capacity is limited. Groups are scheduled on a first come first served basis. We cannot guarantee groups will be able to obtain admission.
Adult Swim (top)
The pool may be cleared of all youth under 18 years of age for a 15-minute interval at 1:45, 2:45, 3:45 and 4:45 p.m. each day for an adult swim.
When the parking lot is full, please be careful not to park along the curbs as it is important that our emergency vehicles have proper access to exit and enter the pool and safety center sites.
Additional parking is located along the driveway at the Hopewell Cemetery, just one block from the pool.
Tuesday FUN at the Pool! FUN TUESDAYS are back! Kid’s fun FREE activity on Tuesdays at 3 p.m. June 4 – 25 and July 9 -30. Come for an exciting fun and new activity each week. From the water balloon toss to the biggest splash contest, kids now know this day and time! And we can’t forget to mention prizes!
2019 Pool Hours Calendar (coming soon)
- Thursday, June 6 – Big Rig Gig, 11 am – 1 pm, kids can explore a police car, fire truck, a backhoe and more!
- Sunday, June 16 – Father’s Day appreciation – Free popcorn for pops!
- Friday, June 14 – Luau Party 6 pm, Dive-in Movie at dusk, featuring “The Greatest Showman,” rated PG. In the past, we had crazy fire juggling, a steel drum band, and snocones!
- Thursday, July 4 – Splashtacular – event with games and prizes, 2 pm
- Tuesday, July 30 – Root Beer Float Day at the pool, root beer floats and a float race, 3 pm
- Friday, August 2– Luau Party 6 pm, Dive-in Movie at dusk, featuring “Incredibles 2,” rated PG.
- Monday, September 2 – Dog Fest! Dog Swim and fun! 5 – 8 p.m. Let your K-9 go kerplunk! Stage, vendors, games, and fun with your K-9!
Montgomery Makos Swim Team
Stay in shape! Make great friends! Be a part of a team!
Kids can make great friends, be a part of a team and stay in shape! This is a great opportunity for youth to become stronger swimmers, make friends and have FUN!
This team is focused on developing youth into team players, each making a contribution towards the goal and success of the whole team. Although competition is an element in any sport, the goal of the Montgomery Makos is self-improvement of each of its members, not on competitive marks and records.
How to apply for the 2019 Montgomery Makos Swim Team
Days/Times: Group lessons consist of 8 half hour classes, Monday through Thursday during a two-week period.
Location: Montgomery Community Pool, 8075 Hopewell Road, Montgomery, OH 45242
Fee: $50 per session. No refunds will be given once the first class begins and there is a $25 cancellation fee at all times.
Class size: Minimum of 2 students per class required and a maximum of 4 students. It is our goal to put every child into lessons. If you are on the waitlist, the Swim Lesson Coordinator will contact you with options if it is possible to get your child into lessons.
Instructors: Trained SwimSafe Pool Management instructors.
Make up days: Make up days will be scheduled on Fridays when home swim team meets are held. The pool closes at 5:00 p.m. during home swim team meets which will be on Thursday evenings, June 13, June 20 and July 18. In addition, the pool manager may elect to have a “safety day” where swim lesson instructors will teach pool safety to participants during the scheduled lesson time due to weather conditions.
Wondering if a class may be cancelled due to weather? Text COM01 to 84483 to opt into RainedOut notifications. If thunder or lightning is in our area within 15 minutes before the start of class the lesson will be canceled. Please note that classes will not be canceled more than 30 minutes prior to start. When possible, a make-up class may be offered.
Register Online Now!
Register in person at City Hall
More information: Call 985-1640 during pool season or 891-2424 prior to pool season.
2019 Group Swim Lesson Schedule
June 3 - 13
June 17 - 27
July 8 - 18
July 22 - August 1
|REGISTRATION DATES||May 3 - 28||June 11 - 13||June 28 - July 4||July 16 - 18|
|TIMES||Level #||Level #||Level #||Level #|
|6:30-7 pm||2,3,4, Level 0: Flounder with Parent, 2.5 to 3.9 years old||2,3,4, Special Frog and Tadpole Class for 6 months to 3 years old||2,3,4 Level 0: Flounder with Parent, 2.5 to 3.9 years old.||2,3,4, Special Frog and Tadpole Class for 6 months to 3 years old.|
*Make-up days: Make-up days will be scheduled on Fridays when home swim team meets are held.
* The pool closes at 5:00 p.m. during home swim team meets.
* Home meets are on Thursday evenings, June 13, June 20, and July 18.
Not sure what Level is right for your child?
Frog & Tadpole Class: 6 months to 3 years old. The class will be taught with the instructor, adult, and child in the water together with a 1:4 ratio.
Level 0: Flounder with Parent: 2.5—3.9 years old. The class will be taught with the instructor, adult, and child in the water together with a 1:8 ratio.
Level 1: Flounder Skills – Water Exploration – Must be 4 years old. Child must be able to leave parent. The child will become acclimated to the water through games and will learn basic safety skills in addition to water submersion and floating with support.
Level 2: Jellyfish Skills – Primary Skills – Child needs to be acclimated to the water. The child will learn to be in the water unassisted on both front and back positions. Bobbing, floating, and kicking will be the main focus of this level. Safety and learning through games will still be incorporated into this level.
Level 3: Octopus Skills – Stroke Readiness – Child is comfortable floating unassisted on both front and back. The child can recover from float to standing position unassisted and be able to have a propulsive kick. The child will begin learning freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, treading water, and diving. Safety skills and games will also be incorporated into this level.
Level 4: Clownfish Skills – Stroke Development – Child must be able to swim novice freestyle and backstroke, be able to jump in and return to the side unassisted, tread water for 10 seconds, and know the basics of the breaststroke and butterfly kicks. Freestyle and backstroke skills will be refined. Endurance will be increased in all skills.
Swim Level Tests
Level 1 Test to move to level 2:
- Enter water unassisted and move 5 yards, bob 5 times to chin level and safely exit the water. (participants can walk, travel along the gutter or “swim”)
- Float on front with support for 3 seconds, roll to back (with assistance) and float on back with support for 3 seconds.
Level 2 Test to move to level 3:
- Step from the side of the pool into chest deep water; move into a front float for 5 seconds; roll over to back float and return to standing position Then perform back float for 5 seconds and return to standing position.
- Push off and swim using a combination of arm and leg actions for 15 feet on the front. Push off and swim using a combination of arm and leg actions for 15 feet on their back.
Level 3 Test to move to level 4:
- Jump into chest-deep water from the side, swim front crawl for 15 yards with face in the water and rhythmic breathing pattern (to front or side), maintain position by treading water or floating for 30 seconds and swim back crawl for 15 yards.
“The Luaus are a blast. The kids love them and love to tell others about them.”
“Love the special events. These are really great!”
“Luau was great; very well organized and a great family event”
“Always a great time!”