Starting in January of 2013, all electrical permits for work in the City of Montgomery will be submitted to the City’s building department at 10101 Montgomery Road, phone (513) 891-2424. Please use the building permit form to submit with your plans.
- Bond Forms
- Bond Release Form
- Building (includes electrical)
- Building Resubmittal Form
- Canopy/tent (residential and commercial only, not intended for use in parks)
- Home Occupation Permit
- Permanent Fire Pit Permit
- Non-Profit Status Request Form
- Parade/Special event
- Permanent sign
- Right of way excavation
- Sandwich board sign (Heritage District businesses only)
- Street closing/block parties
A petition must be completed before applying for a permit to close a street. At least 60% of the households on the street to be closed must agree to the closure of the street. The petition can be dropped off at City Hall or emailed to email@example.com. – Street Closure Request Petition
- Temporary sign
- Underground storage tank removal
- Variance (Board of Zoning Appeals) Application Form
- Water availability application
Decks: A building permit is required to build a deck on your property.
Digging/Excavating: For your safety, before digging on private property or within the public right-of-way, call the Ohio Utilities Protection Service at 1-800-362-2764 so it can properly identify the location of all utility service lines. Additionally, permits are required for all excavation work in the public right-of-way.
Electric Permits: Starting in January 2013, electrical permits must be submitted to the City of Montgomery building department, 10101 Montgomery Road, phone (513) 891-2424.
Garage Sales: Garage sales are permitted, but for no more than three days in a row and no more than four times per year at any one location. No permit is required for garage sale signs. Please do not post signs on utility poles or in the public right-of-way. For more information, call the Montgomery Community Development Department at 792-8309.